|Supporting Research Assessment processes through institutional repositories (IRs)
- What is IRRA?
- A JISC project investigating and developing IR infrastructure for EPrints and DSpace to enable Research Assessment, specifically for the UK Research Assessment Exercise 2008.
- Who are the Project partners?
- Southampton University, Edinburgh University
- What is the Timescale?
- June 2005 - May 2006.
- How do I register my interest?
- Leave your details at The Register.
What the project is doing
Research Assessment is a complex activity involving decisions made by many parties (individual researchers, research managers, institutional administrators, external assessors) and potentially involving many interoperating software systems. This project aims to to develop practical solutions for integrating DSpace and EPrints repositories and repository workflows into RAE activities (both from institutional and natonal perspectives), and to advise repository managers on how to deploy these solutions in their local contexts.
- Gather requirements for Institutional Repository role in institutional RAE processes from a representative selection of institutions
- Adapt DSpace and EPrints repository software to accommodate requirements
- Run dissemination activities to inform Repository Managers how to integrate their IRs into their local RAE processes.
|Other sites eprints.org and DSpace.org offer focal points for support services, community building, news and information on OAI-based open-access institutional archives.
|IRRA is funded by JISC within the programme
Les Carr, Project Manager
Tel: +44 (0)23 8059 4479
Fax: +44 (0)23 8059 2865
OR POST TO:
IAM (Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia) Group,
Department of Electronics & Computer Science,
University of Southampton,
SO17 1BJ, UK